Wednesday 9 October 2019

Black Bean Patties (Vegan)

I'm on a Vegan bent at the moment and made these for dinner.  I made the mixture in the Thermie being careful not to over blend.  They could be done by hand but I made them after a busy day at work so was looking for the shortcuts. Very delicious. 

Ingredients

1.5 cups of black beans (I  made these from dry beans that had been soaked and cooked then frozen but canned could be used)
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 red capsicum
1 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (of BBQ sauce)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon steak seasoning

Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees

Cut the onion in half and roughly chop the capsicum.  Put in the thermie with the garlic cloves and pulse for a couple of seconds. (You want it chopped but not too mushy)

Add all the other ingredients and pulse till combined.  (Don't overmix)

Line a baking tray with baking paper and place patties onto the tray.   I didn't want to get my hands mucky so I used a 1/2 cup measure to plonk the patties onto the tray and the mixture made 7 patties.

Cook for around 30 minutes or until crispy on the edges.  

I had one on a heated pita bread with lettuce and tomato.  







No comments:

Post a Comment